2016 The Third “ZIJIN AWARD” Cultural Creative Design Competition——Modern Handicraft Creative Design Competition
The decoration can beatify life
1.Modern Handicraft furnishing Creative design Competition
The entry works should be innovative designing works respecting modern life and modern aesthetics. We welcome works featuring innovations in materials and techniques and fully embodying aesthetics, functionalities and real-life application, which can promote update and transformation of the industry, improve the conversion of works’ commercial value.
1)’Creative Space’—combination design. It is important to highlight the different styles of the study, the meditation abode, the tea house and other furnishings designs, such as traditional style, simplicity, European style, modern style, etc.
2)’Installation art’— single design. It should be suitable applying for hotel, publicly artistic space and other artistic soft mount of public building, emphasizing on adding international fashion elements to traditional handicraft, encouraging works featuring innovations in materials and techniques, especially the creative furnishing works which apply modern technologies.
2.Modern Handicraft jewelry Creative design Competition
1) Artistic jewelries: The entries should unify artistry and craft, focusing on originality of craft and creativity of materials. The entries can use any comprehensive materials, breaking the fixed concept of materials and introducing the concept of western modern jewelries.
2) Popular jewelries: The entries should unify artistry and craft, focusing on the inheritance and breakthrough of crafts. The creation should be forward-looking and progressive and cannot be homogeneous with products in current market. Copy and plagiarism are forbidden.
3.Modern Handicraft costume Creative design Competition
Around silk, dye, knit, embroidery and other craft techniques, competition emphasizes endemic characteristics and the works includes clothes, headdress, bags and a variety of accessories.
The contest accepts online application. Contestants are required to file their applications on the official website (www.zgwcsj.com) for approval. All the entries must be submitted through the official website in the electronic form. The application deadline is July 31. For shortlisted entries after the preliminary appraisal, the contestants should mail the physical subject (or model) to the Modern Handicraft Creative Design Competition Organizing Committee.
1. The photos of each works should have multi-angles and reference objects, required to show original appearance and dimension each work (length * width * height cm). The electronic photos are required to be JPG format and the file size may NOT exceed 5M.
2. In works assemblies, size specifications, material qualities and other details should be provided.
3. Contestants should make solid wood packing box which required to be strong, easy to handle, and with stick on the unified label (Entries Registration Form),to deliver original works or models of entries.
4. Meanwhile, contestants should send the compact disc of entries and entries registration form to Ceramic Art Design Competition Organizing Committee by registered mail. The materials should include:
1)Photos of works in electronic form, and the resolution should be suitable for printing on an octavo picture album (300dpi for A3 paper).
2)Entries registration form, 2 copies, filled with name of author, name of works, materials, year, size (length * width * height cm), details of address, postcode, mobile phone number, ID number.
3)Design description, to introduce design idea, creation conception, market prospect etc. The description should have illustration and unique layout, using the electronic format to disc burning. Write the name of author, company, name of works, mobile phone numbers and other contact information on the front packaging of CD. (If entries have special requirements of exhibition, the materials and exhibition arrangement are undertaken by contestants.)
4)The front and back copies of I.D. card.
Contact Person: Su Qian
Phone number: +86-25-52783269, +86-13815883009 (mobile)
Address: Aitao Culture & Art Center, No. 199, West Tianyuan Road, Jiangning District, Nanjing, China, 210000
In this contest, there will be 3 gold award winners who will be awarded 60,000 RMB each, 6 silver award winners who will be awarded 30,000 RMB each, and 9 bronze award winners who will be awarded 10,000 RMB each, certain number of awards of excellence winners with certificates. The gold-winning works will be recommended to compete for the judging panels' award, and the winner will be awarded 300,000 RMB.
Address: Floor 21, Xinhua Press Plaza, No.369 Jiangdong Road, Jianye District, Nanjing, Jiangsu, China.