2016 The Third “ZIJIN AWARD” Cultural Creative Design Competition—— the Star of Future Design Competition
Creativity Flies the Dream
The contestants of professional group are required to be university and college art undergraduates and art college graduates under 25 years old. The contestants of amateur group should be middle school students and primary scholars.
1. The entry category of professional group:
(1) Industrial product design, mainly includes vehicles design, appliances design, commodities design, products of special population design, household products and furniture design, etc.
(2) Creative design of digital art, mainly includes artistic cartoon design, digital game design, artistic new media design, web design, artistic creation of interactively experimental work, etc.
(3) Intersectionality design, mainly includes artistic installation design, virtual design, parametrization design, 3D printing, etc
2. The entry category of amateur group:
(1) Cartoon design, mainly includes comic and animation design, illustration and hanging painting design, graffiti art, etc.
(2) Traditional art design, mainly includes extension and development design of cultural heritages (such as brocade, dwellings, lanterns, Chinese characters, scissor-cut, kite, etc. ).
(3) study articles and toys, mainly includes stationery design, mask design, model creation, toys and intelligent toys design, etc.
1.The requirements of digital media works:
1)Paper documents: One A3(420×297mm) color print document for each work( resolution over 300dpi, JPG format) to show creativity work, less than 3 pages. One design description document, A4, includes the work introduction less than 200 words. Also includes the introduction list of the tools for making and developing and development kit.
2)Video files: According to different categories, contestants should submit the video which can fully show creation concept, synopsis, creative strengths, visual effect, methods and process of interaction, display effect, in MOV or MP4 format, 60 to 180sec.
3)Picture files: Work screenshot(1920×1080px, 72dpi, JPG format), impression drawing, scene photos. The impression drawing and scene photos save as A4(210×297mm), 300dpi and JPG format.
4)Burn CD: Paper documents, video files and picture files required to be burned on a CD for submission. The name of author, full name of participating company , the name of works, the code number of works, category, mobile-phone numbers and other contact information shall be indicated clearly on the front of CD.
Creative design of digital art:
In animation and comic works, for single episode work, contestants need to submit the entire work. For multi-episode work, contestants need submit 2 episode works and introduce the series composition. In application design of cartoon theme, contestants need submit 180-300sec demonstration video which can elaborate the design principle, market positioning, audience recognition situations, etc. Digital gaming, includes PC games, mobile games, web games, client games. Contestants need submit the run file of work and introduce the details of run time environment. For web games, contestants need submit reference address and the guide tutorial, less than 5 pages in Word. The entire file should be submitted for digital short films.
Artistic new media design:
Two kinds of videos are needed for video installation works. a. Introduction and demonstration video which can elaborate creation concepts and technologies of functional realization, also including live shooting of the scene of installation display, 180-300 sec. b. The video played by the installation. Its duration is according to the play content. For new media installation and interactive installation, contestants should submit illustrative demonstration video which can elaborate artistic creation concepts, the way of interactive operation, the technology of interactively functional realization, also including live shooting of the scene of installation display, 180-300 sec.
Interactively artistic design:
For all the works of interactively artistic design works, contestants should submit introduction and demonstration video of interactive operating process which can elaborate design principles, target users, using environment, interaction process, the way of operation, and technologies, etc. 180-300 sec. For the works of website, should be run on Internet and submit reference address. The works of mobile APP should be submitted with download address and installation files. Interactive electronic publication, interactively experimental artistic work, Internet experimental artistic work need to be submitted with executable release files, if there is the way to access network, please indicate the access address and
2.The requirements of other works except digital media design works.
1)the entries should have imagination, strong visual expression, the combination of practicality, operability and futurity.
2) The expression of entries can be physical objects, model, video, impression drawing. If entries have special requirements of exhibition, the materials and exhibition arrangement are undertaken by contestants.
3) All the height, width and length of physical objects and models cannot exceed 120cm. If it is necessary to exceed 120cm, please apply for introduction with the Star of Future Design Competition Organizing Committee.
4) All categories of design works need be submitted with design description, to elaborate design methods, creative concepts. The description should have the expression with words, images, video, impression drawing and hand painting, also have unique layout.
5) Burn the electronic format to CD. Write the name of author, company, name of works, the category and code number of work, mobile phone numbers and other contact information on the front packaging of CD. If entries have special requirements of exhibition, the materials and exhibition arrangement are undertaken by contestants.
6) Contestants should package the physical objects and models before submission, and indicate the detail information of works on the outer package and under the physical objects or models.
1.All applications must go through online registration. Participants need to register on the official website (www.zgwcsj.com), and they are allowed to take part in the contest only after examination and approval. All works of entry must be submitted in electronic format (cannot exceed 5M) via the Internet before the deadline of July 31.
2.Meanwhile, contestants should burn all the documents, images and videos to the disc, and send the compact disc of entries and the paper contents of work to the Star of Future Design Competition Organizing Committee.
3.It is not allowed to appear any words, patterns, marks and other symbols which are irrelevant to the design. Entries which are not in accordance with the rules will be disqualified
4.For all the selected works, contestants should send physical objects or models to the Star of Future Design Competition Organizing Committee. The detail will be informed after preliminary.
Contact person: Cao Jinde, Bu Zhenhua, Wu Yuesai
Phone No.: +86-25-83498147, +86-25-83498782, +86-13921407599 (mobile)
Address: Nanjing University of the Arts, No. 74, West Beijing Road, Nanjing, China
There will be 2 gold award winners who will be awarded 60,000 RMB each, 4 silver award winners who will be awarded 30,000 RMB each, and 8 bronze award winners who will be awarded 10,000 RMB each, certain number of awards of excellence winners with certificates. The gold-winning works will be recommended to compete for the judging panels' award, the winner will be awarded 300,000 RMB.
Address: Floor 21, Xinhua Press Plaza, No.369 Jiangdong Road, Jianye District, Nanjing, Jiangsu, China.